What Is a Surge Credit Card?
If you have been searching for credit card options to build or improve your credit score, you may have come across the Surge Credit Card. The Surge Credit Card is designed specifically for individuals with limited or poor credit history. It can be an excellent tool to help you establish or rebuild your credit, as well as provide you with the convenience and benefits of having a credit card.
The Surge Credit Card is issued by Celtic Bank and is part of the Total Visa® family of credit cards. It offers a straightforward application process and has a relatively quick approval time. While it is primarily targeted towards individuals with less-than-perfect credit, it can also be a suitable option for those who have no credit history at all.
Features and Benefits of the Surge Credit Card
The Surge Credit Card offers several features and benefits that make it an attractive option for individuals looking to build or improve their credit. Here are some of the key highlights:
1. Credit Limit: Upon approval, you will be assigned an initial credit limit. This credit limit will depend on various factors such as your creditworthiness and income. However, it is important to note that the Surge Credit Card has an annual fee and an initial processing fee that may be deducted from your available credit limit.
2. Reporting to Credit Bureaus: The Surge Credit Card reports your payment history to all three major credit bureaus – Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax. This means that responsible use of your card can help you establish or improve your credit score over time.
3. Online Account Management: The Surge Credit Card provides an online account management portal where you can easily access your account information, make payments, and view your transaction history. This convenient feature allows you to stay in control of your finances and track your progress towards building better credit.
4. Acceptance: The Surge Credit Card is accepted at millions of locations worldwide, wherever Visa credit cards are accepted. This means that you can use your card for everyday purchases, online shopping, and even travel expenses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is the Surge Credit Card a secured credit card?
No, the Surge Credit Card is an unsecured credit card. This means that you are not required to provide a security deposit to open the account. However, keep in mind that it is primarily designed for individuals with limited or poor credit history.
2. How can I apply for a Surge Credit Card?
You can apply for a Surge Credit Card online by visiting their website. The application process is straightforward and typically takes just a few minutes. You will need to provide personal information, employment details, and your financial information.
3. What are the fees associated with the Surge Credit Card?
The Surge Credit Card has an annual fee that is deducted from your available credit limit. Additionally, there is an initial processing fee that may also be deducted from your available credit limit upon approval.
4. Can I increase my credit limit with the Surge Credit Card?
Yes, it is possible to request a credit limit increase with the Surge Credit Card. However, the decision to approve or deny your request will depend on various factors, including your payment history and overall creditworthiness. You can contact the customer service department to inquire about a credit limit increase.
5. Are there any rewards or cashback programs with the Surge Credit Card?
No, the Surge Credit Card does not offer any rewards or cashback programs. Its primary purpose is to help individuals establish or rebuild their credit.
In conclusion, the Surge Credit Card is a suitable option for individuals with limited or poor credit history who are looking to build or improve their credit. It offers features such as reporting to credit bureaus, online account management, and worldwide acceptance. While it does have an annual fee and an initial processing fee, responsible use of the card can help you on your journey to better credit.