How Many Free Checked Bags With Alaska Credit Card
Alaska Airlines is known for its exceptional customer service and generous baggage policy, making it a popular choice for frequent travelers. One of the best ways to maximize your benefits with Alaska Airlines is by applying for their co-branded credit card. The Alaska Airlines credit card offers a range of exclusive perks, including free checked bags. In this article, we will explore how many free checked bags you can bring when you have an Alaska credit card and answer some frequently asked questions about this benefit.
Benefits of the Alaska Airlines Credit Card
Before we dive into the specifics of the free checked bag benefit, let’s take a moment to understand the other advantages of having an Alaska Airlines credit card. In addition to the baggage perk, cardholders enjoy several benefits, such as:
1. Annual Companion Fare: Each year, you will receive a companion fare that allows you to bring a guest on a flight for a significantly reduced price. This benefit alone can save you hundreds of dollars, especially if you frequently travel with a partner or a family member.
2. Alaska’s Famous Mileage Plan: As an Alaska Airlines credit cardholder, you will have access to the airline’s popular Mileage Plan. This program allows you to earn miles every time you fly with Alaska Airlines or their partner airlines, which can later be redeemed for flights, upgrades, and other travel perks.
3. Priority Boarding: When you have an Alaska credit card, you will enjoy priority boarding, allowing you to get settled in your seat before the majority of passengers.
4. No Foreign Transaction Fees: If you frequently travel internationally, having a credit card that doesn’t charge foreign transaction fees can save you a significant amount of money.
Free Checked Bags with Alaska Credit Card
One of the most attractive perks of the Alaska Airlines credit card is the free checked bag benefit. As a cardholder, you and up to six travel companions on the same reservation will be eligible for free checked bags on Alaska Airlines flights. The number of free bags you can check depends on your elite status within the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan program and the type of credit card you hold.
1. Alaska Airlines Elite Status:
– MVP and MVP Gold members: These elite status holders are eligible for two free checked bags, weighing up to 50 pounds each.
– MVP Gold 75K members: If you hold this top-tier elite status, you are entitled to three free checked bags, each weighing up to 70 pounds.
2. Alaska Airlines Credit Cards:
– Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Card: Cardholders receive one free checked bag for themselves and up to six companions on the same reservation. The bag can weigh up to 50 pounds.
– Alaska Airlines Visa Business Card: Similar to the Visa Signature card, this business card offers one free checked bag for the cardholder and up to six companions on the same reservation, with a maximum weight of 50 pounds.
Q: Can I use the free checked bag benefit on codeshare flights?
A: Yes, the free checked bag benefit is applicable on Alaska Airlines and participating partner airlines’ flights.
Q: Can I combine the free checked bag benefit with another form of payment?
A: No, the free checked bag benefit is only available when you use your Alaska Airlines credit card to pay for the flight.
Q: Can I use the free checked bag benefit for oversized or overweight bags?
A: No, the free checked bag benefit applies only to standard checked bags within the weight limits mentioned earlier. Oversized or overweight bags will incur additional fees.
Q: How do I redeem the free checked bag benefit?
A: Simply book your flight using your Alaska Airlines credit card, and the free checked bag benefit will be automatically applied to your reservation.
Q: Can I use the free checked bag benefit for multiple flights?
A: Yes, the free checked bag benefit applies to every leg of your journey, as long as you are on the same reservation.
In conclusion, having an Alaska Airlines credit card offers many perks, including free checked bags. The number of free bags you can check depends on your elite status within the Mileage Plan program or the type of credit card you hold. This benefit can save you money and make your travel experience more convenient. So, if you are a frequent traveler with Alaska Airlines, consider applying for their credit card to enjoy these fantastic benefits.